The energy sector is going through a period of unprecedented change. There is widespread motivation, shared by the majority of the international community, to act now to address global warming. This involves a shift towards renewable energy generation, reducing demand for fossil fuels and technological advances that lead to a gradual slowdown in energy consumption. Consumer behavior is changing as awareness of the impact of energy consumption increases.
In the utilities sector, urbanisation, demographic growth and climate change have led to the need for significant investment from the private sector to modernise aging infrastructure and guarantee high quality service.
Given the challenges facing this capital intensive, dynamic and globalised sector, with ever more limited access to resources, the major international energy companies must plan how to transform their businesses, whether this is through innovation, new business models or diversification while at the same time improving operation efficiency.
In the B2C sector, investment control and operational excellence are key. In addition to this, the digital revolution provides the opportunity to update business models and improve operational productivity.
How we can help
Argon & Co helps its energy and utilities clients improve their operational performance, working on both the upstream (access to resources, exploration-production) and the downstream (transformation, distribution, marketing, services) value chain:
- Cost reduction: optimisation of direct and indirect purchasing costs, cost variability, design to cost of industrial investments, optimisation of shared services and administrative functions
- Availability improvement of facilities and equipment: asset management, maintenance process optimisation, optimisation of maintenance parts inventory to guarantee availability, mobile equipment fleet optimisation
- Optimisation of cash: tactical planning and S&OP, implementation of inventory policies adapted to sector specificities
- Optimisation of customer processes: pricing, contract lifecycle, billing, cash flow improvement, customer relationship and service, multichannel and digital development
- Operational efficiency: forecasting, resource load/capacity steering, organisational optimisation (roles and responsibilities, staffing), performance steering, optimisation of mobile teams (field services), shared services
- Change and transformation management