The defence and aerospace industries are currently going through profound and longstanding transformations. The aerospace industry is still in rapid growth mode driven by the demand of emerging countries and new low-consumption-aircrafts. The defence industry, however, is the victim of a decrease in state demand linked in particular to the reduction of European countries’ defence budgets. This calls into question the global economic model of big defence projects that drive research and innovation.
The European space program has been shaken by the entry of private actors into the market (SpaceX etc.) that push it towards changing its business model and industrial structure.
In general, the competitive pressure, the arrival of new entrants, the transfer of technologies and the importance of local plants make it mandatory to enforce a globalised supply chain, collaboration within the company and with suppliers as well as end to end program management along the product lifecycle.
In the aerospace industry, the entire chain, from suppliers to manufacturers, should not only guarantee the ramp-up of the supply chain but also the conception of new models that are cheaper to use.
How we can help
We assist our clients in their transformation programs, from the identification of opportunities to the implementation of all operational performance levers, notably:
- Definition of plants and evolution of the operational organisation to anticipate or face business model issues, growth, PMI, and harmonisation of functioning methods
- Structuration of technological roadmaps and improving cooperative research and development program management
- Design-to-value on programmes between partners
- Supply chain digitalisation and collaboration with suppliers along the entire product life cycle
- Optimisation of the upstream supply chain: sourcing and offset strategy, cycle reduction, inventory and WIP reduction, master supplier economic performance, adaptability to demand variations, global supply chain control tower
- Maintain optimal operational conditions (reduction of lead times, planning and forecasting of MRO flows, stock optimization etc.)
- Optimisation of spare parts distribution (forecasts, sourcing and distribution networks, stock policies)