Introduction and challenges
In line with economic and regulatory requirements, companies must adapt their management of employees’ time and activities. Since activity levels are changing and the demand for responsiveness is high, and employees are absent unexpectedly, it is imperative to precisely forecast activity to adapt the organization. Workforce optimization is a strategic tool to anticipate and distribute tasks every day, to make workloads variable and adjust them in real-time.
While recording team activity allows the identification of free time to reassign or save time, it also provides a key database to measure the value of time used and to take operational decisions to reassign available time.
This relevant and precise data is then aggregated to forecast the annualization of the workload, and calibrate and anticipate staffing needs, as well as schedules. Workforce optimization makes it possible, for example, to avoid replacements due to sick leave, to reassign someone to a new activity or to identify the need of an interim contract.
How we can help
With mastery of the business issues specific to time and activity management in complex sectors, Argon & Co supports its clients in defining and implementing workforce optimization:
- Analysis of the effects on the workforce and skills based on the company’s strategy and challenges
- Identification of the most important factors influencing the evolution of the workforce and skills
- Quantitative (staff), qualitative (skills), financial (costs, salaries.) and organizational (activities and processes) analysis from the data collected
- Identification of business typologies (sensitive, emerging, strategic, declining, stable, evolving, etc.)
- Modeling of the workforce and skills needs (technological, business development)
Construction of the multi-year strategy