The finance function must move beyond its traditional role and increase its support to the steering of strategic, financial and operational activities across the enterprise. The objectives are to maximize the return on capital employed and cash generation to accelerate the achievement of profitable growth.
Principles of finance
Strategically, there are six top issues facing CFOs:
- Supporting the CEO in the definition of the strategic plan
- Aligning financial planning to the strategic plan
- Positioning the function as a key player in business transformation
- Creating value and making good investment decisions supported by proper business cases
- Defining the right management framework to optimize the enterprise’s financial performance
- Managing information to guarantee the comprehensiveness and precision of the financial indicators of value creation
Operationally – where the objectives are to maintain and increase competitive advantage – the challenges are to secure and improve direct margins, strengthen operational and financial prediction capability, control operating costs and accelerate the generation of free cash flow.
Transforming business finance
To address these issues, the finance function must rethink how it is organized, develop its skills and optimize its activities, where appropriate taking advantage of digital developments.
Helping with finance challenges
Our finance consultants dig deep to identify the root of complex problems and focus on delivering tangible results for clients. The menu bar on this page provides more detail on a selection of the financial challenges we regularly work on.
We apply a combination of technical expertise, operational experience, business knowledge and common sense to help our clients solve business finance issues and deliver lasting results. Our positive, flexible and personal approach, with challenge where needed, ensures buy-in at all levels of our clients’ businesses and a positive outcome. Learn more about us here.