Introduction and challenges
Attracting, selecting and retaining competent and motivated employees are major challenges for all organizations. Investing and capitalizing on talent through the employee experience is essential; ensuring a coherent and attractive employer image, innovating in internal mobility systems, planning and organizing skills development.
The employee experience begins well before joining the company; serious games are organized to discover the business, the missions and the values of the company. The quality of the integration experience is key to an employee’s initial performance and retention, transforming them into a participative and effective member of the company.
Learning is also undergoing a real renewal with digital technologies; skills development is becoming more employee-centered with social learning such as communities of geographically dispersed learners sharing their experiences without any status or age barriers.
Horizontal management principles are also developing, driven by the impact of technologies and by the new hyper-connected generations: flattening of pyramid structures, collaboration, teamwork in project mode, more autonomy, a more direct relationship with the company’s top management. As a result, managers and employees are becoming more empowered.
The main challenge that companies face today is to ensure that employees’ individual needs such as learning and development converge with the company’s requirements (control of the total payroll, growth targets, etc.).
How we can help
Argon & Co supports its clients in developing their talent management policies and helps them to define how to build an enriching experience (onboarding, mobility and learning) for their employees in terms of managerial culture, work environment and individual development:
- Mapping and assessment of skills (identifying which are critical to operational needs)
- Defining the strategy for talent management (revealing potential and diversifying skills) and career paths
- Design of management systems and skills development systems (re/up-skilling, collaborative, augmented, mobile, social, adaptive learning, etc.)
- Prospective vision of the evolution of professions and skills
- Forecast management of jobs and skills: multi-year projection