Introduction and challenges
Nowadays, significant time is spent by administrative teams on time-consuming, repetitive, high-volume and low value-added tasks (recurrent data entry, data extraction and conversion, systematic control tasks, etc.). Digital RPA (Robotic Process Automation) solutions enable automation of these manual tasks while guaranteeing a strong return on investment. These solutions “imitate” the user performing simple and repetitive tasks on their application. They only use the application’s user interface, meaning there is no need for system integration. RPA solutions are agnostic to any application or information system and can also perform web-based tasks.
ROI is impacted by the development time required to automate a process. This time is typically short, less than a week for most processes. The overall implementation time is therefore closely linked to the scope being covered and the ambition of the RPA roadmap, which usually grows with the first successful pilots. The challenge is therefore to find the best cases for RPA automation and set up a dedicated team to scale up the automation effort.
How we can help
Our business experts, certified in RPA solutions, have managed RPA projects in several functions: customer service, finance, HR, purchasing and procurement, legal, and marketing. With its expertise in data science, Argon & Co teams have combined RPA and machine learning to develop automations of certain tasks in previous projects.
Argon & Co supports business departments and IT departments in all stages of an automation project:
- Identify the potential for automation: analyse processes through observation of tasks performed in information systems, to assess the development’s feasibility
- Quantify development resources and automation savings: for each process eligible for automation, evaluation of the number of days required for development and estimation of the recurring savings
- Prioritise automations and produce a consolidated business case: prioritise the high-impact automations and consolidate associated savings and costs
- Develop the implementation plan: support in the following phases – the choice of solution, the formation of RPA resources, the installation of the solution, the development of automations (following the defined prioritisation)
- Deliver a first automation experience (proof of value)
Argon & Co also supports its clients in the choice of an RPA tool, the implementation of their RPA centres of excellence and the development of automations.