Introduction and challenges
Improving efficiency, increasing productivity, boosting quality, streamlining the process for those who operate it and for those who benefit from it; these are the objectives pursued by business process optimisation (BPO) projects.
BPO approaches generally rely on lean management and six sigma techniques to optimise processes by streamlining, removing low value-added activities, standardising, industrialising and automating activities. They pursue the more global objective of transforming company culture and enabling a culture of hunting and eliminating non-value tasks.
Process mining plays an increasingly important role, not only in analysing the process and identifying its potential for optimisation, but also in ensuring the new operating procedures are properly applied.
BPO projects are generally carried out in a broad context, for example enabling or bringing a transformation project to fruition (shared services, post-merger integration, ERP). They can also be carried out with the aim of generating profit without requiring a change in organisation or information systems (less frequent).
As transformation is not an objective in itself, it is important to define indicators and a performance target, on the basis of both internal and external benchmarks, then empower the actors in the process before measuring the benefits.
How we can help
For each process, Argon & Co mobilises functional and sectoral experts. We adopt a pragmatic approach, aimed at achieving quick savings but also making the actors accountable and embedding new behaviours to ensure the sustainability of results.
- Evaluation of the optimisation potential
- Analyse existing processes (lean management and process mining)
- Identify areas for improvement
- Conduct benchmarking
- Definition of target process
- Share the Argon & Co standards to identify process optimisation levers
- Build target processes
- Identify and document best practices
- Transformation management
- Prioritise key issues
- Identify and launch quick wins
- Build action plans
- Frame and launch training plans
- Coordinate the transformation (action plans, KPIs, process mining)
- Sustainable benefits
- Build and maintain a repository of processes and best practices
- Design and develop the BPI dashboard
- Review governance and set up business process ownership
- Analyse and support the change