Introduction and challenges
It is no secret that future-proofing your warehousing and distribution assets can be a very capital intensive, stakeholder heavy and risk-laden process. For many businesses, investment in a greenfield, automated distribution centre facility is one of the largest investments made by the. It can also be one of the most important ways of enabling sustainable growth.
Given the complexity associated with delivering large scale Intralogistics solutions, over-arching programme management is critical to ensure alignment across all stakeholders and project interdependencies. Insufficient dedicated and specialist resourcing can lead to significant problems later down the track if project governance is not completed on time or up to at a certain standard. For optimal outcomes, it is essential that stakeholder management is adequately and centrally governed across an entire project from start to finish, including transition planning, equipment procurement, installation, testing, and commissioning.
How we can help
Our experts have developed proven frameworks to assist clients of all sizes deploy manual and automated solutions successfully across a wide range of industries. Our team are independent from vendors and consequently focused on selecting the best possible solution for our clients and have experience in selecting across technology types and working with manual handling vendors of all size.
Our support includes the following:
- Capital fit-out benchmarking, costing, value engineering, budgeting and contractual support
- Software, automation and all capital fit-out definition and procurement
- Project management office activities including risk, stakeholder, responsibilities and deliverables co-ordination
- Communication and capture of actions and monitoring of milestones
- Business integration support through specialised resourcing and coaching
- Detailed transition and labour planning for minimal operational interruption
- Vertical start up and operational intelligence support