Introduction and challenges
In a context of increased customer service expectations, rethinking service strategy is a key lever to develop market share whilst controlling profitability. However, it is often insufficiently exploited due to the difficulty of aligning trade and operations with a target vision that supports the strategic ambitions of general management.
There has never been more data created within the 4 walls of your logistics and distribution facility. The rise of artificial intelligence and machine learning have enabled unique opportunities for insights into constraints and improvement opportunities. How can you use this data to unlocks these insights?
By utilising digital technologies and intelligent systems, businesses can reduce costs and increase their overall efficiency. Beginning with a comprehensive assessment of the existing Intralogistics processes and systems of the business, our experts will evaluate the current situation, identify areas for improvement, and develop a customised plan for a digital and intelligent transformation. This plan will typically involve the integration of new technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), robotics and Digital Twins in order to facilitate the insights you desire for confidence in the design, delivery or optimisation of your warehouse.
How we can help
- Supply chain analytics: Our experts develop a customised supply chain analytics strategy that leverages data analytics tools and methodologies to identify opportunities for improvement. This may involve developing customized dashboards and reports that provide real-time insights into key supply chain metrics, such as inventory levels, order cycle times, and shipping costs.
- Operational intelligence (data science): Translate your real-time transactional process data into operational insights and performance indicators. We are able to help you to create dashboard which assist in gamifying the work environment to achieve higher employee engagement, retention and performance.
- Slotting (design & tooling): Use your historical and forecast data to understand the order profile fluctuations and demand/velocity drivers in order to position product within your facility based on rules which enable the optimisation of lowest cost fulfilment in a dynamic manner.
- Simulation: Create a virtual representation of any logistics process to enable the iteration of outcomes based on a rule set being applied to process data in order to optimise an outcome based on key criteria. Can be very useful for scheduling, constraints analysis, capacity and throughput modelling, operational workload optimisation, etc.
- Digital Twin: A true digital twin provides a parallel and continuous optimisation asset for inventory, demand, and supply “what if” scenario planning. It provides and off-line agile response to opportunity or risk and enables faster more informed decision making.