Introduction and challenges
In a context of increased customer service expectations, rethinking service strategy is a key lever to develop market share whilst controlling profitability. However, it is often insufficiently exploited due to the difficulty of aligning trade and operations with a target vision that supports the strategic ambitions of general management.
Companies generally face three service strategy challenges:
- How to improve their competitive position through service in the face of multiple and heterogeneous customers whose service needs are difficult to identify?
- How to increase the perceived quality of service while controlling and optimizing cost and inventory levels?
- What strategy to adopt on e-commerce? What are the risks and opportunities involved in direct access to consumers? What service offers should be proposed? What are the opportunities provided by multi-company orchestration platforms? What network of partners should be set up? What is the impact on existing operations?
How we can help
- Analysis and segmentation of customer needs to establish a clear and factual vision of their expectations through surveys, visits, benchmarks and an assessment of the impact of service on their value chain
- Proposal of potential service offers and evaluation of the impact on cost/inventory/service performance through end to end modeling of the supply chain
- Leading and managing a cross-functional approach involving the management of the marketing, sales and operations departments to build a service strategy that meets the company’s strategic challenges
- Alignment of teams with the strategic vision through a communication plan and engagement events
- Definition of the evolutions of the supply chain models and the distribution network to allow an efficient implementation of the service strategy
- Structuring and support of the company’s transformation to implement the strategy: changes in governance and organizational models, design and implementation of new demand management and supply chain management processes