Introduction and challenges
Many companies today are successfully applying the principles of ‘Lean manufacturing’ and reaping significant benefits, while driving significant cultural change across their production sites.
In the field of innovation and product development, the additional earning potential is very often untouched. Physical losses in production become immaterial in the world of innovation and development, where their tracking and systematic elimination might seem more difficult. In addition, these development processes have to be executed in an increasingly accelerated fashion to keep up with shortened product lifecycles and the ongoing quest for sustainability.
Mastering agile processes in innovation and development therefore represents a significant opportunity for organisations to accelerate time-to-market and optimise cost, quality, and customer satisfaction performance in a sustainable manner.
How we can help
Argon & Co support clients by applying the ‘Visible planning’ methodology to initiate a continuous improvement process in the innovation and product development cycles. This structured approach allows our clients to:
- Define development and innovation processes
- Define milestones with particular emphasis on the interfaces between business lines and functions
- Highlight hidden organisational and process losses
- Initiate a process to eliminate losses
- Shape an organisation to facilitate the implementation of this approach on a continuous basis.
We support clients in the daily deployment of the ‘Visible planning’ methodology in order to:
- Eliminate losses throughout the innovation and development processes
- Reduce time-to-market
- Control development costs
- Guarantee production ramp-up at the required level of quality
- Establish a culture that promotes agility and work in cross-functional teams